Saturday, October 3, 2009

italia!

how do you condense such an incredible experience into words? or pictures? a song? a mood?

i cant. couldnt. wouldnt.
but here i go, trying.


italy was everything and nothing that i expected for it to be. rustic and old and new. historic. slow. fast. accordion music and olive ciabatta. bustling piazzas and artichoke pizzas. art and wine and heartwarming conversation. getting lost and being found. trekking on foot, bus, train, plane. gelato and gut-busting laughter.

i know that i keep promising to blog. and im so sorry that i havent. the two weeks before travel week became an absolute disaster- with lectures and responses and lack of sleep piling up on one another to create what felt like an insurmountable task. eventually, and to the detriment of my sleep cycle, i came out victorious. i made my presentation, and hopefully earned myself some accelerated credits, and spent only one entire evening preparing myself for arguably the most exciting trip of my very young life.

so i feel that to fully capture my experience in italy, ive to take it one part at a time. but since its now 1am and ive to make it to church with the grays in the morning, i need some rest. so how about this- i'll blog in three parts tomorrow if you promise to leave one question youd like answered tonight. or one picture you'd like to see. deal?

sounds good to me

love,
carina serena
((my name pronounced by every single italian who read it.))

3 comments:

  1. Uh, what didn't you see that you wanted to see?
    what assumption did you have about the place did you have that was totally proven false?
    did you see the pope, pope walkin' on the streets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH BOO! I posted a question and now its gone....arg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My question was: Did you at any point feel emotional about being in Italy? Giddy, overwhelmed, inspired, humbled, and or just in complete awe - all at once? If so, where were you when it happened?

    It happened to me in Paris when we walked towards The Louvre. I was in shock that we were ACTUALLY in Paris, it was like a lucid dream...so amazing. I was choked up a few times and didnt know how to react at times.

    ReplyDelete